What Others Are Saying
Reading on aid, climate change and food security:
- A world in hunger: east Africa and beyond
- Famine and climate change—what’s the link?
- Food Rebellions: Crisis and the Hunger for Justice -the real story behind the world food crisis and what we can do about it.
- Food Security and Peak Oil, by Jason Bradford
- Global Food For Thought
- The New Harvest: Agricultural Innovation in Africa by Calestous Juma shows that Africa food security solutions: advances in science and technology; creation of regional markets; and emergence of a new crop of entrepreneurial leaders dedicated to the continent’s economic improvement.
- Pambazuka’s pages on Food Justice and Refugees & Forced Migration
- Rasna Warah on the unhealthy relationship between aid agencies and the media. The unholly alliance, she calls it.
- Stuff and Starved, by Raj Patel- understanding the global food system and aid agencies complicity
- USAID’s FEWS NET (famine early warning systems network) has maps and graphs showing the effects climate change is having on food production in the region as well as current food shortages.